Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Art 2 Final Portfolio

Art 2 Final Portfolio

1. Dream Catcher
 My most successful project would be the dream catcher. The theme was sticky situation and repetition. The reason I chose this idea for this theme is because of the feathers showing repetition and the sticky situation is where the catcher is. I thought this project idea was original because everyone was thinking of something actually sticky while I saw it more out side the box saw things my own kind of perspective using sticky. I find this to be the most successful project I did this year, I did not know what I was capable of using acrylic paint until I put it on a canvas. Process I went through was first sketching it out and finally putting it on my canvas. Mixing the colors to the colors i wanted was the most difficult part, but ending up to be something I actually fell in love with. The medium I used was acrylic paint blending to show all my highlights and contouring was what I did with the feathers. Using all different shades of blue and light blues for them to look more realistic. The fur balls on top I used gray and white too make them actually look furry, highlighting was most impacted in my project. The choices I made in this painting regarding the mistakes were pretty much worked out smoothly. Any mistakes made were easily fixable and made the painting more engaging. 
                                  
____________________________________________________________________________

2. Bob Marley


The portrait project is the where I over came the most obstacles, I was not very skilled at using the blade much but that was the only way to cut out my portrait. Using the blade was difficult which made me focus so much more into this project. The idea came to me from his music that was playing that day. He is a very nature guy which made me want to make him out of grass. There was lot of risk taking in this project because cutting him wrong would mess up the whole piece. It took time and effort for every curve that had to be made. I felt like I overcame lot of my obstacles, since their was lots of risks involved. This project took soil and bird seeds to have it come out the way I wanted it too. Challenges helped me on being a better artist because its not always about winging it, but I learned evaluation was another huge key. First was to lay out the soil. After doing that we made sure to add the paper right on top. Laying the seeds was the next thing, making sure each one was pushed down enough for the grass to go through the soil. Making sure it was water daily, Days later the grass was finally growing through. Making the shape of Bob Marley.
 The portrait came out to be a success, which I thought it would not due to the weather conditions.

_________________________________________________________________________________
3. Icecream and Snail
 All the art projects I established this year is by far the most craziest I have ever done, in any of my art classes. I went from simple sketching out my Ice cream for the project "what's the point?".To planting my portrait of bob marley, to painting my snail, and even sculpting my mug for the 3D questionable. I hopped from one thing to another. I enjoyed it so much, because I learned things that I did not even think twice about. Learning all these different elements of art helped me on becoming a improved artist. I learned different techniques on how to sketch out what was I in visioned in my head out on paper. An example would be my Whats the point picture of the icecream not knowing much on what to do.  I used a pencil and my finger to make the icecream look realistic as possible, those elements is what helped me make a simple picture to something I want to eat. I was really amazed at what my hands could do. I did not think trying to sketch something over and over would ever come out like how it did. It made me build confidence with my work, which lead me into bigger and better ideas. Another example would be my painting my up close and personal snail. The media I used was acrylic paint, at first I was not sure what I wanted to make the color of my snail so I just started mixing my colors to see what I would come up. I used certain brushes to make certain textures in my project. I honestly did not know how my snail was going to come out it was a risk all the way through. Came out the way I wanted it to at the end their were times were mistakes were made but easily fixed with more paint. I chose my snail for the up close and personal because each shell on a snail has their own personality. Gave me the perception of the whole snail concept. 
                                                          
_________________________________________________________________________________

4. Mr. Sands Art 2 class was something I looked to everyday. It was not any other Art class it was a whole different learning experience. I learned that their is not any wrong ideas when it came to his rules. Unlike art 1 I always had to play by the book. Sands teaching showed me that I could express who I really am through art in a whole new perspective. Art 1 I was simple taught the basics of perspective drawings and sketches that I was not even interested in. Made me not want to move forward until I came to Apex high and took the art program with Sands. Taking my own risks and my own ideas for my project was giving a better outlook on what I actually wanted. Through all the insane ideas sands would tell me, made me want to go beyond bigger then normal. I really wish this class would not end, I loved showing my ideas and having feel good Friday because it was one way to get to know each other and get compliments on your own art work. Really made not only mine but everyone confidence boost up.
THANKS MR. SANDS! I WILL ALWAYS STOP BY TO SEE YOU. 








No comments: